- Cycle more – commuting, racing
- Sea swimming – do Leinster Open Water Sea swims and Dun Laoghaire Harbour Swim
- Running – run every day when possible, injury free. Set a PB in 5km or 10km.
- Triathlon – complete National Series
- Nutrition – eat home cooked fresh food based on a LCHF plant based diet
TBC – check back soon, plan being hatched.
Building on a strong 2013, I want to continue to improve physically and mentally, improving my results on the track, road, bike and water as well as trying some new races/events.
- Winter: focus on cross-country running with Rathfarnham WSAF.
- Spring: Building a base of my bike and swim, with a peak for national duathlon championships in April.
- Summer: do 5-6 National Series triathlon races, along with a mix of duathlons, adventure races and single sport events.
- Autumn: half marathon PB and adventure races. A race abroad would be nice to finish the season.
1. Run 10km PB of 34min
2. Run half marathon PB of 75mins
3. Run 5000m track PB of 16min
4. Swim 1500m PB in tri of 26min
5. Bike 20km TT PB 32min
6. Sea swim 4-5km
For 2013, I’m going to continue mixing sports, with running all year round, combined with bike & swimming over the summer. Racing with the men’s senior team at Rathfarnham WSAF is a goal, as is setting PBs in middle distance races. I’d also like to try track races, once I’ve completed my Boston Marathon training in the spring.
My goals this year are to build on last years success:
1. Win an IMRA mountain running race (2012 best finish 2nd)
2. Win a 10km road race (2012 best finish 3rd)
3. Complete another big city marathon (Boston)
4. Set PBs in 10km (<35mins), half marathon (<78 mins) and marathon (<2:47)
5. Compete on the track at 1,500m, 3,000m and 5,000m
6. Complete a 5km sea swim
7. Continue working on my swimming technique (improve to below 1:50 avg 100s)
- Winter: IMRA mountain running; John Treacy 10 mile; cross-country
- Spring: IMRA mountain running; Half-marathon; Boston Marathon; Belpark training camp in UL
- Summer: IMRA mountain running; triathlons; adventure racing; track running; Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford
- Autumn: cross-country; cycling; half marathon